Name : – Rahul Acharya
Sex : – Male
Email : – firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Telephone : – +977-9845478819
Language Level of spoken competence Level of written competence
Hindi Fluent Advanced
Nepali Fluent Advanced
English Fluent Advanced
- Capacity building
- Climate Change
- Biodiversity Conservation & Environment Science
- Aquaculture and Animal Sciences
- Molecular Genetics
- Social Work
- Women and Youth Empowerment
- Plans and Policy Making and Extension
- Delegation and Debate Competition
- Travelling and befriending new people
- Engage with community
- Environmental activities (planting, cleanliness, etc)
- Surfing on internet
- Blogging and Writing
- Reading fiction and non-fiction, Inter/National Journals
- Successfully carried out ‘SEW: Sustainable and Ethical Waste Management Project’ as Team Leader and Project Director which was selected among top 20 project under ‘SAYEN HANDPRINT CHALLENGE 2014’. It was 4 month long project.
- Carried three month long ‘Keedafie-Selfie with Insects Challenge’ photo contest online as a part competitive project of Workshop ‘Social Media in Biodiversity Conservation’. The project was winner for Social Media Campaign in Biodiversity Conservation.
- Secretary General of LEO Model United Nation
- Project Member of “CliMates Zero” supported CliMates. The duty was to disseminate innovative ideas to mitigate Green House Gas Effect. Also compile all those local activities that are in align with environmental concept.
Survey and Research:
- Enumerator of Survey on “Condition of Kitchen Garden of City areas of Chitwan” carried out by Agriculture and Forestry University.
- Assignment survey on “Status and Use of Medical and Aromatic Plants of Chitwan District”
- Survey on “Integrated Pest Management of commercial and subsistence farmers of Terai Region” carried out by The Eco Minion in collaboration with Agriculture and Forestry University (Nepal) and North Caroline State University (USA).
Trainings and Workshops:
- 15 days training on ‘Radio Jockey and Mass Communication’, February 2007.
- Participated at ‘Earth 2100 Conference’, an annual conference sponsored by Our Task Inc, Arlington, VA, USA in collaboration with Nepalese Youth Synergy (NYS).
- Participated at Workshop ‘Use of Social Media in Biodiversity Conservation’, an initiative of Centre for Environment Education (CEE) with the support from the National Biodiversity Authority (NBA) and Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) in partnership with the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (UNCBD) from March 1 to March 3,2015.
- Taken Basic First Aid Training conducted by Rampur Youth Red Cross Society from January 10-12, 2015.
- Worked as a volunteer in relief distribution for victims to Nepal’s devastating earthquake that occurred on April 25, 2015 organized by Disaster Relief Peace Committee (DRPC) – Nepal.
- Participation at Everest International Model united Nation (EIMUN) as delegate from October1-5, 2015.
- Organised TOT on ‘Youth in Facilitation and Entrepreneurship Skill Development’ March 14-18, 2015 which was supported by USAID-Funded Asia Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program, Winrock International.
- Organized Climate Change Model United Nation on July 18 and 19, 2015 at Agriculture and Forestry University.
- Co-ordinator of People’s Climate March held at November 8,2015.
- Volunteer Leader for Chitwan Chapter at National level Cleanliness Campaign organized by Clean Up Nepal on 20th September, 2014/15.
- Organized inter-college Leo Model United Nation 2016 ver 1.0 from March 8-9,2016 with EIMUN as strategic Partner
- Co-ordinated National Leo Model United Nation 2016 ver 2.0 from April 15-16, 2016 with EIMUN as strategic partner.
- Lifelong member of Bharatpur Red Cross Society
- Chartered Secretary of Leo Club of Chitwan Central (Leo Year 2015/16)
- District Environment and Climate Coordinator of Leo District 325 B2 Nepal (Leo Year 2016/17)
- Immediate Past President of ‘The Eco Minions – TEM’ , environmental club of Agriculture and Forestry University.
- Working as Tunza Eco Generation Regional Ambassador (largest CSR of Samsung Engineering) for Nepal( also Best Ambassador of 13th Term)
- Selected member of National Volunteer Programmer (NVP), government initated volunteering program.